14 June 2011

Meet Rick, the skull face tattoo guy / Tuesday, 14 June 2011


There couldn’t be a more fitting first post on FNRAD.com than a skull face tattoo, so here we have it!  Why’s it so fitting?  Well simply because the beliefs behind a skull face tattoo parallel some of my ideas for this site:
  1. Be original.
  2. Do it big or don’t do it at all.
  3. Don’t let fear get in the way of being super rad.
With that out of the way, on to Rick with his unique tattoo.
Rick says that the theme isn’t in fact skull face but rather decomposing zombie.  “I see my tattoos as celebrating the art of obscenity and the macabre” Zombie Rick continues to say that
“I thought long and hard about what I really wanted, what my passion was. And I decided I wanted to be a f*cking zombie. My first big move was getting my hands outlined as skeleton print. They say that once you get your hands tattooed it’s harder to find a job.”
So I wonder if this is how it happened when he went in to get his hands tatted…  I probably shouldn’t get my hands tatted because it might get a little harder to find a job… oh sh*t, Zombies don’t need jobs… And then Rick went off to live the perfect undead life.
But wait, not everyone was as thrilled as we are that Rick got this tattoo. Rick’s Mom had some crazy reservations about the whole thing.
“At first, when it didn’t have the shading or anything, she was like, “You look like crap. You’re going to be a punk your whole life.” But now it’s starting to take shape and become more like an art piece, she gets it.”
Well Rick, It sounds like you have everything figured out.  Thanks for being crazy rad and looking like our logo.

Article by fnrad.com


No comments:

Post a Comment